Plus Dane Scrutiny Panel
Our scrutiny panel is an independent group of tenant volunteers who check how well we perform.
We work in partnership with Plus Dane Housing to look at and challenge the service delivered, monitor performance, and make recommendations on how services can be improved to ensure all tenants and customers receive value for money.
Since we have been established, we have undertaken training to help prepare us for this role which has included:
- Extending our knowledge about what social landlords do, how they are organised and managed and the common operational problems
- How austerity has impacted tenants, customers and Plus Dane
- Details of Plus Danes Corporate Plan, information on governance and leadership and the challenges now and in the future
- Information on the Homes and Community Agency and the regulatory economic and consumer standards
- Details on value for money and what scrutiny can achieve
- How Plus Dane measure performance
How do we decide on a scrutiny review?
The Scrutiny Panel will agree the number of reviews to take place each year and what to review based on:
- A range of options put forward by Plus Dane staff/Board
- Wider customer intelligence
- An area of interest to the Scrutiny Panel
- A repetitive area of complaint
- Concerns about areas of performance
Plus Dane’s Scrutiny Panel have now carried out two reviews; one looking at the sign up process and the other at how Plus Dane communicate with tenants around repairs. The Panel are in the process of preparing a summary of each review but wanted us to share the full reports on our website. They are quite detailed as they include both the Panel’s recommendations and the Directors responses.
Plus Dane’s sign up process Report
How Plus Dane communicates with tenants around repairs Report
If you are a tenant or customer of Plus Dane Housing and are interested in hearing more about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Alternatively you telephone Irene on 01517032026.