Power cuts and floods are more common in the winter months with adverse weather conditions, which can lead people to get into difficulty in their homes. If you live in an area with a higher flood risk, it doesn't hurt to be prepared. We've pulled together some tips for preparing for potential emergencies.
- Sign up for flood alerts - you can sign up to alerts for your address here.
- Prepare a personal flood plan - you can download one here to fill in and keep safe.
- Check your long-term flood risk
- Make sure you have a back up source of lighting - torches, candles or a well-charged phone.
- Keep a supply of food which doesn’t require electricity to heat and eat.
- Sign up for the Priority Services Register if you rely on electricity for your health and wellbeing. This is a free advice and support service.